Regularly servicing is advised for Clean Air systems to ensure they perform optimally and are fit for purpose. Faster Air employ independent service companies to undertake the validation and servicing of our lab equipment. Safety testing also ensures the products are compliant with standards, regulations, and good manufacturing practices, and can be completed on a range of Clean Air and containment installations.
In this article, we will explain the tests that must be carried out on Faster Air’s laboratory equipment so you can be confident you remain fully compliant with industry regulations.
Microbiological Safety Cabinets
Class I, II and III microbiological safety cabinets must comply with BS EN12469 regulations by completing the following:
- Conducting a HEPA filter integrity test
- Airflow velocity and visualisation
- Operation of airflow indicators and checking alarms
- Conducting KI-Discus tests (operator protection)
Safety cabinets should be serviced every 12 months, except for those located in CL3 or CL4 labs which require testing every 6 months to ensure compliance.
COSHH regulations require the following tests to be carried out on fume cupboards to ensure compliance and safety:
- Checking airflows and alarm systems
- Airflow visualisation tests
- Containment integrity tests
At a minimum, fume cupboards should be tested every 12 months to ensure they are compliant with COSHH regulations, and any necessary work is completed.
Laminar Flow Cabinets
Faster Air’s lab equipment servicing contract provides several tests of laminar flow cabinets to measure performance and operational safety, these include:
- Pre-filter inspection
- Testing operation of switches, warning systems and speed control
- Testing operation of airflow indicators and pressure gauges
- Measuring airflow velocities
- Testing lighting tubes and light levels
- Testing noise levels
- Testing HEPA filter leak integrity
- Airborne particle counting
Laminar flow cabinets should be tested every 12 months to ensure they are compliant with regulations and any necessary remedial work is completed.
Clean Air Equipment Service and Fumigation
Faster Air are proud to work with a number of independent service companies to provide servicing and validation of Clean Air equipment within various industries, such as schools, universities, hospitals, and research laboratories. Contact us today to enquire about our services or to book an unbiased service report on the performance of your Faster Air products.